- Start by placing your uncooked rice in a plastic bag – double bag as a precaution against tears and spills!
- Then mix up your color: blend blue and pink food coloring to make a lovely lavender shade
- Pour the food coloring into the bag of rice and stir, stir, stir to distribute the color
- Lay out the rice to dry over night and your rice is ready!
- To add an extra sensory element to our bedtime tub, add the flower heads from some lavender stalks. The rice has such a pleasant feel, as it’s soft and pours through your hands. With the added lavender it smells so relaxing too.
- You could add scoops and spoons and bowls for your children to play with the rice. Or hide some little treasures in the tub for them to hunt for
A great way to transition the kids to get ready for bed time and help relax them to make going to bed easier on everyone! Do you have any tricks you do to help your kids? Please share with us other ideas you may have!